Translation of BAFIA Announcement on Registration of Undocumented Afghans
Visited Count : 135
Publish Date : 2/6/2017
Announcement No. 1 regarding the registration scheme of Afghan Nationals
Undocumented Afghan nationals whose children are currently enrolled in schools, undocumented Afghan nationals who married Iranian spouses, and also documented Afghan nationals whose spouse and children hold expired documentation/or do not have any type of documentation, and reside in Iran, are eligible for this registration scheme. The implementation of the registration scheme will commence as of 28/01/2017 according to the below:
- Eligible individuals
- The families of undocumented children who are enrolled in schools and educational institutions in 2016-2017 in accordance with the decree issued by the Supreme Leader.
- Family members of undocumented foreign nationals who have Iranian spouse
- Afghan nationals holding valid Amayesh whose spouse and children hold expired documentation or do not have any type of documentation.
- Procedure and Registration
- Appointment and registration is conducted by Residence and Employment Kefalat offices for foreign nationals.
- Setting appointment for groups 1 and 3 is processed through Kefalat offices (with previous experience in issuing Amayesh and introduction letter for school enrollment).
- Eligible Afghan nationals will be invited by Kefalat offices through telephone or SMS to refer to them on a set date and time.
- Undocumented foreign nationals who married Iranian woman are introduced to Kefalat offices by BAFIA offices for registration purposes. This category of foreign nationals are required to first approach BAFIA offices in their area of residence in order to be subsequently referred to Kefalat offices.
- Required documents
- Undocumented families of students enrolled in school in accordance with the Supreme Leader’s decree:
Copy of introduction letter issued by Kefalat office, birth certificate (issued by physician or midwife – delivery note issued by hospital – affidavit in case of delivery at home).
- Family of undocumented foreign national who married Iranian spouse:
Original marriage certificate be it religious or official, National ID card and Shenasname of Iranian woman, birth certificate of children (issued by physician or midwife – delivery note issued by hospital – affidavit in case of delivery at home).
- Documented Afghans married to undocumented Afghans
Original marriage certificate be it religious or official before 18/03/2016, confirmation letter from Afghan Embassy recognizing the marriage, legal documentation of husband or wife, birth certificate of children (issued by physician or midwife – delivery note issued by hospital – affidavit in case of delivery at home).
It is important to note that only information found on this website, or those of provincial BAFIA offices and other authorized offices are reliable and authorized references. Any unrelated sources related to the above subject matter are not valid and may be legally pursued.